• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Akagi 1:350 WIP - A Builder's Nightmare!

WIP Images of Hasegawa's IJN Aircraft Carrier AKAGI 1:350 w/ PE Upgrade Sets A,B,C and SuperDetail Set - by "Toom":

"Toom" is Art Instructor's (my main modeler) big brother. He's been working on the Akagi for over a year and has encountered fit problems.
He said the PE superstructure after painful assembling won't fit into place and had to be disassembled for re-work and it was difficult to do so.
He asked if I have smaller projects for him to work along with this one so I gave him some more smaller kits covering all three dimensions:
- Orange Hobby's Swedish Navy Visby Class Corvette "Harnosand" 1:350
- Hobby Boss's German Navy Submarine Type VII B 1:350
- Bronco's German Long-Range Submarine U-IX C 1:350
- Tamiya's Patrol Boat River "PBR" Pibber 1:35
- Revell's German Wiesel Ozelot 1:35
- Airfix's F-86F 1:72
- Zvezda's Su-33 1:72

Now back to the WIP of the said ship:

Akagi-WIP-01.JPG

Akagi-WIP-02.JPG

Akagi-WIP-03.JPG

Akagi-WIP-04.JPG

Akagi-WIP-05.JPG

Akagi-WIP-06.JPG

Akagi-WIP-07.JPG

Akagi-WIP-08.JPG

Akagi-WIP-09.JPG

Akagi-WIP-10.JPG

Akagi-WIP-11.JPG

Akagi-WIP-12.JPG

I guess smaller ones will be finished first. :)

..... Looking great...... but, the PE looks like a nightmare .... or
may-haps be .... a day-mare .......... :popcorn ..... :mpup

Mike

Unbelievable detail,looks great.i have the basic kit in the stash,I would never attempt all of that PE though

Man, he's a far braver man than I! I wouldn't touch that! Way too much for me.

Looking good. Keep him going; this should look great when done.

Greetings Guys, & Gals;

..... Like I said before, this one is no nightmare..... it is a day-mare ..... :woohoo:

Looking good .... :mpup

Mike

Thanks Gator, raiderfan2779, Duke and Mike for your kind words. It's my pleasure to announce that it's now finished and ready to show. See my new threads.

No Freakin-way would I ever attempt that.Nice looking work and a good blog.

I do have the base kit which I will attempt some day

Thanks for your kind comments, raiderfan2779. Why don't try something extreme once in a life's time? The base kit is nothing near the fully upgraded one.

Back