• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix new mold Victor K.2

jeaton01

I did this one for on of Bish's GB's on another forum, sure hope he is OK. It's a pretty good kit, but is a lot of work to get to the finish line. Aftermarket resin wheels and some Eduard PE in the coclpit.

XL189, the ship that gave the Black Buck One Vulcan it's final load of fuel before the attack on Port Stanley, giving the Vulcan enough fuel but leaving itself 3 hours short of range to get back to Ascension Island. Luckily, it was met by another Victor before the crew got wet. Bob Tuxford was the pilot on XL189 on that mission.

0361victor.jpg

0371victor.jpg

0381victor.jpg

0391victor.jpg

0401victor.jpg

0411victor.jpg

That's pretty! Another stunning airplane model build! :good:
I remember airplane models. :blink
NO! I really do! :tomato:

Neat looking plane John!

3D-Great Job.gif

I can never get over how odd most British aircraft look. This one has the engines buried in the wing root.

Always liked the looks of these. I got one of the B.2 kits when they came out from Gerry.

Nice result. :Drinks:

First flight just 7 years after the end of the war. Pretty amazing and a greet build as well.

Were not the V-bombers designed to race in and deliver nukes to eastern block attackers at medium altitude? I think the Victor looks swift and deadly! The Valiant, not quite as much. The Vulcan is an amazing machine! It amazes me how long their Royal Air Force service life really was.

I think it was the same as the B-52, initially high altitude, and then low level with stand-off weapons, Chris. The Valiant was not long lasting as cracks in the spars soon developed in the low level mission.

Back