• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/72 Mitsubishi Zero

What a great little kit this is - I highly recommend it! Airfix have gone to town with this - it's dirt cheap and has some good quality decals to boot.
P1050259.jpg

P1050260.jpg

P1050264.jpg

P1050265.jpg

P1050292.jpg

P1050309.jpg

P1050315.jpg

P1050321.jpg

P1050322.jpg

Nearly there...

I'll echo Terry. The model is well built, but the painting, shading , and chips really set it apart. Very very nice (y) (y) (y)
James

You are too fast, I need to see it again in slow motion. Where is the replay button?

Regards on the great work,

Good lord Dave!! Least let the glue dry before painting, nice job on the chipping. what did you do to get the top coat to chip through to the silver layer you have?

Thanks again. Moon I just used a cocktail stick - the metal coat was an acrylic and the green an enamel - there was a future coat but the 'stick just chipped the enamel and left the acrylic. Less is more etc - No hairspray was used in this production lol :)

Cocktail stick, wooden? I can see how that would not cut into lower layers. NICE...where's my notebook. :mpup

Hi Dave, very nice little Zero. Never would have guessed it was Airfix if you had not mentioned it , and at a good price ? Wow, for their nice model Hasegawa sure is not able to supply good decals for their kits ( as I am figuring out ) . They surely are not inexpensive either.
Congratulations on your build.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back