• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/72 Fw190 and Spitfire Mk. II

Soooooo,

I started building the new mold Airfix 190 and Spitfire II for this campaign, because I "love" the new 1/72 Airfix kits. I took in-progress photos of each, sent them to friends and planned to bombard this thread with those pictures once both builds were complete.

Then I had an Alzheimer's moment and deleted all those photos off my phone. I checked my email, but they aren't there either. So I'm going to post photos of the completed builds in this topic/thread. I'll let the moderators decide if they qualify as completed builds for the campaign.

Can you get your friends to email them back to ya? Love to see it but without that startup photo and WIP shots, post what you got and we'll see.

Here's a couple of snaps of the 190

DSCN3120_zps1ajshm7v.jpg

DSCN3121_zpsfukxut6i.jpg

They good looking birds no doubt about it. Glad to see them also. Have you got another you could whip out for our campaign? We have another 5 months.

We'll generally give credit if a build has started but the point in our Campaigns is to share with us all the process of the builds.

Can you knock out another with proper startup photos?

Yep I can do that.

The Spit in-progress pic I posted was the only one either of my friends had. So these two are for strictly informational purposes only. I think the new mold 1/72 Airfix kits are friggin' great.

In addition to the Airfix Spit and 190 I started a 109E. But I screwed up the paint, tried to strip the paint, sort of FUBAR'd that attempt so now it's an Airbrush test mule, so to speak.

So I'll start another 109E for this campaign.

Back