• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/72 Bf110C-2 ++FINISHED++

Airfix 1/72 Bf110C-2

Lot of effects going on, hope you can get them all blended together, that isn't me being negative, just 'thinking out loud' so-to-speak.

Ian.

Airfix 1/72 Bf110C-2

Thanks all for your comments. I'd like to think I make liberal use of the MFM principle when building.

As you can see, the decals are going on. I experienced a slight wardrobe malfunction (disconnected tail surface). Also, note how the weathering has begun to look less pronounced after the paint dried and the decals went on. In this shot she's just had a second smearing of Mr. Softener, which is apparent if you look closely.

IMAG1007_zps5xmsbpld.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Bf110C-2 ++FINISHED++

She's done, well as done as it'll be for now. I'll attach antennas later. And try as I might, I can't get a decent picture of it; the lighting is all wrong.

DSC_0002_zpsqyn7f1ul.jpg

DSC_0001_zpszuvbka6g.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. I really appreciate it.

The first time I did the oil paint dot method I thought for sure I'd ruined an otherwise decent build. :bang head

But when it was finished (clear flat decals etc) I was shocked by how toned down the effect became. I found that when wiping off the oil paint, when I get to the point where I think it's a touch too heavy that's the time to call it 'good'. Of course we all 'see' weathering differently.

Thanks again everyone.

Back