• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AIRBRUSH 101

modelguru

Since I started manufacturing paint I have had several people ask me what is the best paint to use? The best airbrush? The best pressure? Well you get the picture.
It is actually fairly simple to answer all of these.
The best paint ....... of cource I like mine , preety much all paints are good they really have to be to make it to market. The secret is they all have a slightly different learning curve. The bottom line is use what works.
The best airbrush...... There are several I like the omni 4000 the richpen apollo the badger 200 the 150 and the 100 these are all good brushes any one of them will do what you want . It is all in how it is used.
The best air pressure.......well that varies on what you are doing. For me if i am doing a all over color coat then I spray on a higher pressure somewhere about 30 psi. if doing small fine lines then about 10 psi. but remember whatever the guage says when you set it the pressure will drop about 3 to 7 psi when you start spraying.
So the moral of this story is try new or different thing do what you like and above all else enjoy what you do.
I hope this helps...............
Feel free to respond or ask questions .

Back