• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Club's Bussing Nag L4500S ... Truckin' !

My , my oh my once bitten twice shy baby .............

Welcome back ya long haired Sasquatch B)

Lookin good man where did you get the voyager set , I'm lookin fir the Blitz one where you make your own sides outta balsa or basswood .

Chyenne ! :drinks How th Hell are ya ? ... It's good to start to reconnect .... The Voyager set came from an E-Bay store -
Link not showing up - Check IM - I know this set isn't th one you're talkin' about, but It's th link. These Guys are deep in th Voyager sets !! Other things too. Awesome to deal with & just an hour & 1/2 up th road from Me, I've never been there so, I'm not sure what type of set up He has.

Sherman- Thanx for th kind words. Th foil looks cool on th seat ... & It's an excuse to eat Klondikes !! Th foil is less than a 1/16th". When you finish eating one , Rinse it off in Hot water , on th Wax paper side. Blot it dry & then start to separate the Wax paper from th foil, but be careful , th foil tears easily. It can be "ironed out" to eliminate most of the texture. It could be used to simulate Torn Sheet metal, upholstery , takes Primer & Paint very well. - * After primer coat, seal with Dulcote. I would paint it after forming it to prevent th paint from popping.

:mpup - Indeed ! Looks good torn as well. I've used it to simulate th Canvas on a Convertible Top boot, WindShield covers.

Here's another update & I've included th weathered Floor Board this time ! :rotf

hcf440f0.jpg

I pin washed some Kursk FX & Damp Earth in to th floor , preparing it for some Mud & Dust !!

hc3b6db7.jpg

hd58db99.jpg

hded3422.jpg

The Hood Blanket in Primer ! :hmmm Now for a color .... ? Field Grey ? Mouse Grey ?

h276305f.jpg

hb85654d.jpg

Mud built up using Dental Plaster mixed with Dark Mud FX , Spots to look dry - African Dust pigments. Russian Earth also added to th Mud & sprinkled about. - I'll be adding some snow & a bit more mud to th mix in th Wheel wells !!
Also- if any one has some close up pix of the windshield of this truck ? There seems to be a missing piece?

Back to th Bench !!!

:erik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnqdv7BM0Mo&list=PL8861795936053262&index=80&shuffle=120​

Back