• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Club Churchill 3inch 20 CWT Gun

Tony lee

Master at Arms

The Brits were expecting the Germans to invade and needed a anti tank weapon in a hurry. A 3in naval anti aircraft gun was mount on a Churchill and out of the 50 unit contract only 25 were produced before the contract was cancelled. Don't pay any attention to the box art because they never left the Isle therefore never saw any action.

Yesterday I wanted to see how the gun box looked all together but never could stop sticking things together until midnight. :idonno :blush:

Another one of those empty interiors not even a gun breech. :(

Update pictures coming as soon as I find a PE part I dropped. :bang head
Tony lee

Saturday Update
Fenders not installed until I get some paint on and tracks.

I found the PE I dropped :woohoo:

That's it for today folks
Tony lee :)

From Mike Starmer
"1941- 42 – Standard Camouflage Colour Shades ( S.C.Cs.) from BS.987C came into use alongside and then supplanting, the greens, but in the same M.T.P. patterns. The basic shade was Khaki Green 3 or S.C.C. 2 with S.C.C. 1A over it. These browns were introduced as a result of a severe shortage of a vital chemical agent used to produce strong greens."
That settles that

David Waters told me he read that the 3 inch gun units were painted with the two tone brown scheme.
Sounds good to me, Thanks David

Tony lee

Looking real good Tony. What do you think of the kit? Have you found if they actually used these at all?
James

Howdy James
Well other than the two spring towers I had to replace because they were damaged everything has gone fine.
As you know the invasion never happened so not a shot was fired from them. Some were converted for recovery
tank work and some went to the training school.
The remaining Churchill chassis were used to build much needed tanks.

"Now you know the rest of the story" :D
Tony lee

This wasn't a "what if" buddy. It served they just never fired a shot is all.
By the time it was clear that there would not be an invasion the U.S. furnished them with M-7s
and they were replaced.

Thanks

This wasn't a "what if" buddy. It served they just never fired a shot is all.
By the time it was clear that there would not be an invasion the U.S. furnished them with M-7s
and they were replaced.

Thanks

I know some were built but never used. :) But my imagination says to build this in a what if type of scene. :v

The Willy Wonka Mobile

I had to shoot some paint in order to install the tracks. This is SCC-1a (Rich Chocolate Brown) mixed using Tamiya colors according to Mike Starmer's research.
There will also be two belt lines of SCC-2 a Lighter Brown.

Tony lee :D

Nice Tony.
Thats got to be one of the weirdest tanks I've seen - good work though from you Tony.
Can't wait to see it finished.

Ian.

Back