• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Africa as youve not seen it before

SA Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ANbU--eIE
And remember were not really equiped for this kind of weather. :bang head

WOW! How often has it snowed in South Africa Dave? Head to the store and get milk and bread, that's what we do around here. Be careful if you hear someone say "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Didnt think it ever snowed in South Africa. Good thing its only a light dusting. Hopefully not too much damage.
James

That sounds like a report from here when it snows! My suggestion, hunker down and model! (y) :drinks

Man...it's been some weird weather all around...must be getting us ready for the end in December...

No its not the end of the world :rotf
We are quite further south than most people realise. The mountains around my town get snow every year and it even snows on Table mountain every few years. That snow would propably have fallen on our mountains but a high pressure system pushed the cold front out to sea and pulled it back inland on the south coast. Happens every few years and then we have mayor problems like we have now.

The main road from South to North was cut by snow on the passes. My nephew was trapped for 3 days in a town.

I meant to add a wink at the end ;)

That's just unbelievable to me though...that and the fact that we were pretty much without snow for the entire winter which is really unheard of...

It is truly amazing when something like this occurrs.

The way folks react is a sight to behold. 4 years ago I awoke to 6 inches of heavy wet snow. People absolutely freaked out. I learned there is a sizeable percentage of the population that has never seen snow. This town nearly shut down that night. It was kind of cool seeing snow on palm trees though.

G

The precipitation is pretty normal for cape town round this time of year. It's really just the extreme cold (and hence snow) which is a bit odd. Snow on table mountain normally melts pretty quickly, Dave. I don't think it really even counts as snow :lol: The snow up in the veld and covering the koppies up near Beaufort west (?) is pretty awesome. Dont recall ever seeing that much in my 30 odd years in CPT.

The roads around Beaufort Wes was totaly cut of for 3 days. I see they are predicting even more snow for this weekend. Hopefully some more snow will fall on the local mountains.

I personally have never been in snow, just seen it on the mountains. I am not one to go climb a mountain just to be cold. But I have promised the kids that if there is lower snow we will go and see it this year.

If we do I am sure to post pictures and I promise MP I wont go "Hey Ya-all look at me"

The precipitation is pretty normal for cape town round this time of year. It's really just the extreme cold (and hence snow) which is a bit odd. Snow on table mountain normally melts pretty quickly, Dave. I don't think it really even counts as snow :lol: The snow up in the veld and covering the koppies up near Beaufort west (?) is pretty awesome. Dont recall ever seeing that much in my 30 odd years in CPT.

Who wus dat??? :fencing

Dave, it's "Hey y'all, WATCH THIS" and then do something that has a high potential of bodily harm or even death. Many a redneck has been culled from the pack by this phenomenon.

Dave

The snow pilgrimage to Ceres is a must with kids. Picking the right day is tough though, as the whole of the western cape goes up to see the couple of patches over weekends ;) I know for Northerners reading rhis thread this must sound weird.

I swear by, "hold my beer- I'm gonna try somethin'"!

Amazing pics, Dave- and I hope I never see snow on our palm trees! ;)

Back