• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniatures TBF-1C

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

This kit was sitting at the LHS last time we went, it was still there today. It had to come home with me.

What's the deal with this thing? No box art and the instructions are, shall we say, lacking clarity.

Typical for them. Their first issues are like this. Still a good kit and I know you can figure out the instructions.

Terry B)

Speaking of aftermarket. Big Ed set for this is 88 bucks....88. I only paid 22 for the kit! But I'll likely get it some time down the road... :mpup

Speaking of aftermarket. Big Ed set for this is 88 bucks....88. I only paid 22 for the kit! But I'll likely get it some time down the road... :mpup

Why?? It is an awesome kit. Just build it. Oh and add some wiring.

Oh and try the Montex KAM stuff

kam48007_001.jpg

kam48008_001.jpg

James

Yup...I agree with everyone else- just build it! This is easily one if the best kits in quarter scale money can buy...very closely rivaling Tamiya's Jugs. The instructions tend to be a little over-meticulous, but the AM website has online builds you can scan through if you get stuck. Their SBD kits are still my all-time favorites and I have one Avenger and 2 SBDs still in the stash...

The plain box is for their limited editions with special decals. If you want box art, I have some! I also will not use my decals (only the stencils). It is a great kit.

Regards,

Thanks for the feed back guys. I don't know why but these plain jane boxes always piques my interest.

Oh I'll build it, just thinking of what's available AM, I like what you posted James, mask both inside and out for the canopies.

Thanks for the feed back guys. I don't know why but these plain jane boxes always piques my interest.

Oh I'll build it, just thinking of what's available AM, I like what you posted James, mask both inside and out for the canopies.
The KAM version also comes with the Master Barrels.
James

Moon Pup said:
"... This kit was sitting at the LHS last time we went, it was still there today. It had to come home with me. ..."
Now, good for you Moon! That's what I was going to enter in the Bomber Command GB but had a hard time finding it available in the mainstream hobby shops in the USA. :(

The reviews I've read about this kit (and I've read quite a few) were very positive, if not enthusiastic :dude : good quality, great fit (except for the ball turret), very accurate scale wise, etc.. For US$ 22.00 I'm pretty sure you did great business!
emoticon_nod.gif

Hope you start to build it soon - will be following closely! :)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

As my friend would say "life is too short for photo etch" (big ed)...
Just build it, i have Italeri box, fantastic kit. :notworthy

All the best!;)

I think this will keep till Dave Harper's Pacific GB, I'll do this in tandum with the Tamiya Zero I got.

just build it! press inn some wires here and there but dont do too much AMS. This could go for an awesome weathering finish

This was an interim boxing of the kit when the original company ran into trouble and was in limbo. I belive Squadron put these together from existing, warehoused sprues. You can get the instructions in PDF form here- it's for the -3, but will work for your kit. Decals? I got decals. PM me!

Back