• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy M1A1

I grabbed this a few weeks ago at HL with a 40% off coupon. Might as well build it.

M1A1001_zps45ef5c44.jpg

I will be doing the jarhead version.

Anyone know what colors I can mix or use as a substitute for "Desert Sand"? I don't feel like buying yet another jar of paint that I will use once and then probably never again.

Saw it myself. Not sure why Modern stuff doesn't strike me to build. Looking forward to this Jeff :popcorn

If you google Model Master 4720 I believe that is the correct shade. You might be able to mix something to match. Also Life color UA 217 218. Not much help I know.
James

Thanks, James.

Sherman, the only other M1A1 I've built, I did in the NATO scheme so that's out, but that for the suggestion.

Jeff I would go with whatever yellow you have that's close and weather the crap out of it! :soldier

I remembered that I had a bottle of MM Sand, which actually looks like more of a dirty white color. I just need to figure out what to mix it with. Probably a few drops of some kind of yellow.

Use the sand and work it up and down, Maybe add some shade of brown for the shadow and white for the highlight. And then blend it in during weathering.

Back