• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/35 MH-60G Pave Hawk

Adam Baker

Was showing these pic's to Iron Mike last night, and he told me I should post them up here, so I figured why not.

This is Academy's 1/35 MH-60G Pavehawk. It was built OOB, except for the addition of a ton of sheet styrene to correct a lot of the fit issues that are present on the interior.

Here are a few of the in-progress pic's I have.

These couple pic's show how badly the interior fits inside the fuselage.

P9160018.jpg

P9200011.jpg

And this is what I did, to correct the fit issue. It ended up working out quite nicely.

P9230019.jpg

Once the interior fit issues were resolved, the next step was taking care of the huge openings that are visible through the nose windows.

P9270001.jpg

And this was how it looked afterwards. I was really happy w/ how it came out.

P9270002-2.jpg

Next came paint. The instructions for the kit show a sort of SEA type 3 color Green & Black scheme, but I didnt really like that, so I chose to paint mine as a Desert Storm bird, but used the kit decals. Paints were Tamiya Sand and Humbrol Earth (I think).

MH60G-092.jpg

And then after painting, I washed it using Pro-Modeler Black Wash. I have to say I love the Pro-Modeler washes, they go down great, come up easy, and make a huge difference in how it looks.

MH60G-116.jpg

MH60G-110.jpg

And here is how she turned out at the very end.

MH60G-139.jpg

MH60G-135.jpg

MH60G-133.jpg

Overall I was happy w/ the build. There were a few things I didnt like about the kit, first & foremost being the terrible decals. I have 3 more BH kits in my stash, and I wont be using the kit decals for any of 'em. The other issue was the fitment problems. I showed the interior issues, but there were also major fitment problems around the engine exhausts.

Back