• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

About the tip jar

Hi there. Me again.

Just wanted to let everyone know the Tip Jar is back on the bar again.

As always this site is privately funded and any donation you wish to give will be greatly appreciated.

You can find the Tip Jar on the front page https://www.modelersalliance.com/ or simply send paypal payment to paypal@modelersallince.com

Thanks again!

:mpup

Is there a way I can send a check?

EJ

Hi there. Me again.

Just wanted to let everyone know the Tip Jar is back on the bar again.

As always this site is privately funded and any donation you wish to give will be greatly appreciated.

You can find the Tip Jar on the front page https://www.modelersalliance.com/ or simply send paypal payment to paypal@modelersallince.com

Thanks again!

Is there a way I can send a check?

EJ

Thank you EJ, we're sitting pretty good right now.

Do this, pay it forward, there's folks out there who need help far more than I do. So many people out of work because this crazy virus. Put it in the offering plate, food bank, Salvation Army or where ever you think it'll do most good. You do that and i'll consider your dues paid in full. :mpup

Thank you EJ, we're sitting pretty good right now.

Do this, pay it forward, there's folks out there who need help far more than I do. So many people out of work because this crazy virus. Put it in the offering plate, food bank, Salvation Army or where ever you think it'll do most good. You do that and i'll consider your dues paid in full. :mpup
Done deal. Thanks.
Donated to St Judes Hospital, Mel Trotter Mission and Guiding Light Mission.

EJ

OK folks, too a few minutes but it really wasn't that hard.
If you look in your profile you'll see a menu item "Account Upgrades"
or you can click this direct link. I haven't been able to test it fully because it links to my paypal, can't really pay myself now can I?
I don't see how I can make the amount open so I put it at $10usd. I think I can tie the donation to a little badge or something on your profile as a thanks.
Thanks for your interest in supporting the website.

Thanks to John and Paul for tipping. Still trying to work this out. I can't leave it blank like the old one we had as it's like purchasing a service with a set amount.
I could do several options with different dollar amounts. What y'all think about that?
There's also an option for recurring payment.

If you look in your profile you'll see a menu item "Account Upgrades"

I don't see how I can make the amount open so I put it at $10usd.
I could do several options with different dollar amounts. What y'all think about that?
OK, I tied these two together and will ask about changing "Tip Jar" to a certain amount, "Forum Upgrade" to a larger amount, and "Forum Supporter" to the recurring amount (could be less per month but totals higher than the other two.

A badge for each level?

I think subscriptions would turn some off.

Regards,
Agree on both.

I'd have to figure out how to do the badge thing.
Tip Jar $10 One time.
Forum Supporter $50 one time.
Forum Benefactor $5. per month? Is that still not a turn off?

Also, for transparency. Current monthly bill is $75.00 for hosting and $100 per year for forum support. And that's currently up for renewal. I plan on paying that next week.

Tip Jar $10 One time.
Forum Supporter $50 one time.
Forum Benefactor $5. per month? Is that still not a turn off?
If I may... let's see what others think would make MORE people contribute:

Tip Jar $10 - One time
Forum Hero $30 - One time
Forum Supporter $5 - monthly

I think the jump from $10 to $50 is a lot. A person may see something that they love and give one amount and then may consider becoming a forum supporter. The badge should be for the forum supporter. Others get a mention in our monthly update, to be shared on Social Media.

Any thoughts on this @errains?

Last edited:
You guys are great, you just put me over $100 in paypal so I renewed support for the website for another year. And it's only $95. :mpup

Interesting, there are no fee's to pay on a $10 upgrade via the website here but you do pay fee's if you just send direct to Bob.
Obviously its not a lot but it would be nil if we could choose how much we can send via the tip jar.

Interesting, there are no fee's to pay on a $10 upgrade via the website here but you do pay fee's if you just send direct to Bob.
Obviously its not a lot but it would be nil if we could choose how much we can send via the tip jar.
I get the fees deducted because Paypal sees it as a good or service you're purchasing. I'm looking into how to program an open amount.

So I am a little lost after all the entries......how do I just give MA $10.00 AUD?

Ian this link should take you to the "Tip Jar"
I guess once you get to paypal it'll convert to AUD?

@Brokeneagle, if the setup is as @moon puppy states, the donation amounts are set to USD, not AUD. Considering that the direct link, according to others, exacts a PayPal fee, it may end up being the equivalent of USD in the end.

This is how to get to the PayPal submission without paying a PayPal fee:

1651375716384.png

I hope this helps.

Bob, I am considering the $5USD monthly...I needed to cut down on lunches anyway! :D Once a month won't kill me.

Back