• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A6M2 by Tamiya in 1/48th scale

100_6836.JPG
100_6838.JPG
100_6832.JPG
100_6846.JPG
100_6847.JPG

Need to catch up on my progress. Shaped the tail cone light, Poor fit of rear canopy needed a little putty and crazy glue to fix, painted engine/cowling and finally painted it in a custom mix of lt. gray and OD. Gary S. XLV MMZZIV

100_6908.JPG
100_6909.JPG

Panel line were done with pencil.

100_6935.JPG
100_6936.JPG

Decals went on with trouble. The excess decal glue was difficult to remove and lumped under some. The antenna broke early on and needs some work. Awaiting a satin. These aircraft were well maintained and don't plan to do much weathering. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_6992.JPG
100_6993.JPG

The Zero is now completed, but before I take the glamor shots I wanted to make a base for it. Way back 16 years ago when we were still looking for a job and house in GA we were staying at a Holiday Inn Express in Buford. While having their free breakfast there I noticed these wooden coffee stirer's and grabbed a bunch hoping to use the for something like a carrier deck. Well now's my chance. I started gluing them to a MDF base. Just finished gluing the final pieces today. The small gaps were filled with the glue and when it dries will be sanded down and trimmed. I did 2 other bases many years ago and one is used to display Classic Airframes F4B. One of my favorite models. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_6994.JPG

The base was trimmed and sanded. Then linseed oil was applied and I couldn't be happier with the finish. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do the glamor shots. I was thinking that these wood strips would be great in ship building. Imagine a real wooden Viking ship. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Back