• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Trip to Pruneau's town, Ste. Genevieve, Missouri

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
Saturday was May 11th, 2013. My 72nd birthday. My daughter Gail, who is 50, came up to visit and Susan, my wife, 67, all three of us MA members went to Ste. Genevieve, Missouri to visit Lewis Pruneau, also 67. Wes Bradley, 60, also a member of MA met us there with his daughter Alexis, a mere 14. We ate in The Old Brick House, 18th century, and then toured the oldest city west of the Mississippi of which Lewis is rightly very proud!

Back in 1998, The State of Missouri gave Lewis a commission to recreate the 1832 city of Ste. Genevieve in "N" scale, 1/225th, and he had the assistance of topographers and historians to do all the research. All he had to do was scratch all of the huge diorama. I believe it is about 20 feet by 20 feet in size. It was almost two years in the making, he could have finished it much quicker than that, most of the time was taken by the historians debating various aspects of the tiny buildings. There are many museums in this old city and Lewis has at least one of his dioramas in every one.

Here is me, Gail and Lewis in front of the diorama.

Ditto Wes and Alexis.

Some of the illustrations in the museum.

One of the many wooden structures from the 18th century still standing.

Gail standing by a "Real" stockade fence used to repel Native American raids.

Larger photo.

Inside the two hundred year old church.

Lewis, Gail and Susan inside.

After a full day with Lewis and Wes, we returned to Union Station in St. Louis to my favorite restaurant, Landry's, for some Shrimp Embrochettes and a wonderful meal to end a great birthday!

Bob

Happy Birthday Bob looks as though you had a wonderful time (y)

Ive just turned 50 and I dont look like Gail :hmmm

A belated happy birthday, Bob!

Out of curiosity, was it normal to have the stockade fence so close to the building?

You are asking the wrong guy Rudi,

I don't have a clue. I seriously doubt if a wooden stockade fence could have lasted 200 years so that probably wasn't there back then, but I have no idea how close the original ones were.

Happy Birthday Bob looks as though you had a wonderful time (y)

Ive just turned 50 and I dont look like Gail :hmmm

Thanks Andy,

Yeah, Gail looks great for her age. She looks more like thirties than fifties. Of course, she has some good genes goin' on there wouldn't ya know! :yipee

Happy Birthday Bob !!!

Yer the best man !!!

Say hey to Louis , Wes , and the family !!!

Thanks Glenn,

I'll pass it on to them!

Bob

A belated Happy Birthday,Bob!

That's some cool looking stuff,is there no way in talking Lewis into joining us here on M.A?

Greetings,Ron.

Back