• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Tale of Two Emils- a (Not-So) Daily Blog Build.

LOL MP!!

Thanks guys! Well...spent the evening listening to the wind and finished up applying all the decals...not sure I want to brave heading up to the CMD where the photo area is in the garage to take pics as there is a big oak tree hovering overhead ;).

You got lucky...we really had a near miss-- not as gusty as we thought it would be...still have power...life is good...and here we are:
004%7E26.jpg

And Dolfo is quite happy with his ride- but is anxious to be not so pale himself...
005%7E27.jpg

Having a heck of a time matching colors for Galland's uniform...still trying to decide how to recreate that powder blueish color...

Here is a rough idea on the base...not sure how the fighters were dispersed-- or where a gun pit would be in relation to them...still have to add the reclining figures as well....any ideas or suggestions are welcomed!
013%7E4.jpg

Dangitall Mike, I didn't realize you had an update previously. Always feel like I missed something when I see that. :bang head

Mike I'm finding that the Vallejos are mixing very well to get the uniform colors right. Working on the mechanics around the Corsair and all that navy blue, I can mix just a little more to get a slight tone change from one shirt to another.

Looking good here. :pilot

AN update of sorts...I switched from the cork to a ceiling tile base...here is where we are at now:

012%7E8.jpg

Pretty much done here...just some things to touch up overall...first an overview shot.....
003%7E40.jpg

A card game with the Fighter General....
001%7E40.jpg

002%7E32.jpg

008%7E25.jpg

A gun crew on drill...with the spotter using the two palm method of binoculars ;) Got to add that still...meanwhile Otto is moving Dolfo's plane....
004%7E36.jpg

005%7E36.jpg

Still more work to do on those sandbags....

And now Hans is arming up a plane while the pilot is catching up on the latest propaganda....
006%7E31.jpg

007%7E31.jpg

Guess that is it for now!

Back