• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A question for Mr Half Track AKA Ken Abrams

Well Ken , I was looking through the instructions for Lion Roars PE set for the M/16 Half Track and the instructions seem to contramadict themselves sooooo can you tell me what goes where on the firewall .

M16H-T.jpg

On one side it says place B17 and DML kit part B27 and on the next step it says to put B40 in exactly the same place :S

:idonno Maybe B 40 sits above B17 and DML part B27

Thanks Ken ;)

Jenny :kiss:

Hi Jenny,

DML B27 and LR B40 are both just different versions of the same thing, the noise suppressor for a radio equipped vehicle.

They really should be instructing you to use either/or, not both. I believe the large canister was the earlier version and the smaller square version later.

I don't see B17 though?

HTH,

K~

Ah gotcha , sorry I meant B40 not B17 :blush: , :idonno No idea where I got B17 from , so is B40 used when you use the longer radio set ? Or the smaller one ?

Jenny :kiss:

B17 comes roaring out of the clouds with 13 .50 heavy machine guns blasting and dumping 4 tons of high explosives.

I"ve found that these instructions, either Lion Roar, Griffon or anyone, are mere suggestions of how to place parts and I wouldn't really depend on them for anything specific other than the fold of the parts.

The larger suppressor is on earlier HT, the smaller one on later. If I were to guess I would go with the smaller one on the M16 since it was a later variant halftrack. Just a guess, might want to wait for Mr. Halfrack's take.

Either one can be used with any radio, they just filter out the engine noise.

I would probably use the large canister in a WWII setting and the smaller box in a Korea setting myself but that's just me personally, I don't want to imply that the smaller one wasn't around in WWII because I don't know that for sure but I think it's a later design.

moon puppy wrote:
I stand corrected... :mpup

LOL, I wouldn't say that.

The gun sight on the Maxson that comes in the kit is a very similar situation. I have seen photos of it in use in Korea but never in WWII. Having said that, you can't see every photo clear enough to be 100% sure, so it's still a bit of speculation on my part.

Back