• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"A MONSTER REBUILD""UPDATE #1"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Back when I was in college my modeling was bent towards the Sci-Fi universe and in particular Mechs and robots. I built a lot of these, but as you can imagine not very well. So I have desided to start a rebuilding program for these models and see if I can bring them up to a higher standard. Most if not all will need to have the present paint removed. They will need to disassemblied, cleaned and put back together. Another part of this is I'm not going tell you what they are you will have to get your geek on :geek and figure it out. I have selected one of my favorites and as it turns out one more collectable kits in the Mech universe. Here's a picture of the starting point a real pile of junk. Stay tuned and see what happens.

Terry B)

DSC06122.JPG

Well It's time to strip paint. Stripping paint or chrome is pretty easy. You need a metal pan, oven cleaner, and rubber gloves. Put the parts in the pan. Spray on the oven cleaner and come back later to rinse the parts off. Here are some pictures of the beginning of the process. Comments and questions are welcome.

:v

DSC06239.JPG

DSC06240.JPG

DSC06241.JPG

B)

Back