• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A little fun

SNARK! With a snarkmouth?? :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

SNARK! With a snarkmouth?? :yipee

smconfusedthumb.gif

Snarkmouth?

Regards,

Picked up the SNARK.during our LHS run yesterday. I thought it would be a fun little build real quick. Nothing much to it, only looked at the instructions once.

Snark01.jpg

Snark02.jpg

Snark03.jpg

Didn't get to the red paint yet. Should be done tomorrow.

Mike seems to think it needs a Sharkmouth, what do you think Saul?

Thanks James, it's not that much to the kit, especially if you ignore all the pin marks that should be filled or sanded. Can't see them in these pictures and I'll be sure not to take a picture of one... :D

Precedent!

When I started it I didn't know if there were a precedent for the Face It, but I did get a startup shot just in case.

But I got one for Face It.

Snark04.jpg

Now say it, say it out loud..through the nose to get full effect.
SNARK
:yipee

I did say it and ended up wiping my nose... sorry, but I have a head cold.

Let's move it to Face It! I will take a look to see if I have some decals to send along with the P-40E which is 1/72nd scale (it does help when you state the scale ;)).

Regards,

Truth be known, I wasn't sure either...didn't pay that much attention. But it was marked $11. so that should have been a give away.

OK so I'll get a double Face It ribbon if we can pull off (let me rephrase that..) if we can nail the decal. :soldier :Hiay

And everyone thought I was nuts for saying it needed a SNARKmouth. SNARK! Looking good,Bob!! I hope the snarkmouth doesn't snarl your style! :D

I'm kinda surprised they were allowed to do that to these "Special" weapons. I recall that there were policies in place where we couldn't even grease pencil in phrases on the "Special" weapons we worked with.

I get the turkey in the oven at about 0900. Lunch with Ma-in-Law and then I can break for the garage till Mom'n'ems dinner tonight. Then it's all weekend!

No pictures yet but the SNARK is painted and decaled. They are nice decals but of course the red bleeds through the white stripes. Then when the decal doubles up it's more white than normal. If I were wanting to do this correctly I would have painted it white to start with and then make the white lines and paint the red.

But went totally out of box on this, not even correcting the upsidedown US insignia that's integrated in the white stripe for the upper wing...SNARK

Back