• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A desert Sherman in the making

agentg

Ok work has been a real bi...er bear, but I have gotten some build time in. Typical DML fare just have to plan ahead because of the fender skirts.

Here are some quickie photos.

I used Vallejo Model Color 916 Sand Yellow for the base coat. I added a drop of Dark Sand and a dab of white as well. It airbrushed just fine thinned with MM Acrylic Thinner and a drop of Vallejo retarder. The green is Lifecolor Olive Green and the border is Vallejo Off White.

Next time I will AB Vallejo using a larger .5mm tip. It sprays well but needs to be slightly thicker than Tamiya or MM Acryl.

G

Thanks all!

As to the camo, well, I cheated............

The dark green and white are brush painted. I decided to forego masks due to all the PE bits.

G

Cool paint job!

is there a reason for the dark paint on top of the gun? is it to hide it from view in some way?

I would assume so. Painted that way it is "counter shaded" that is to say light on the bottom and dark on top. This is quite popular in military applications from that period. It's very frequent in nature, think deer, squirrel and smaller prey animals with pale belly fur.

G

Markings are on and the weathering has begun. I'm trying to replicate the wear patterns of the crew in and around the tank.

Oil paint fading to come.

G

Back