• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A cute little tadpole

Paulw

I shelved the Widow for a bit because I do not want to rush a $140.00 kit. For the past couple of weeks I really haven't been doing anything except house work,litter box duty and laundry not to mention sitting on my Keister doing absolutely zilch.

I pulled this one out today and thought I would attempt to do this for this campaign. Actually I am kind of pumped about the whole kit. It is the Hobby Boss 1/48 A-6E Tram. I assume it is the scaled down version of Trumpeters 32 scale Intruder. I went through it and it knocks the Kinetic offering out of the park. The detail is excellent and even the ip is sharply detailed but it is still too small for me to see well even with my visor to do any painting.

Here are the standard start pics.

h5a1f73f.JPG

h3d33056.JPG

hcd73a8e.JPG

hcd73a8e_2016-03-25.JPG

I do hope you can see the time stamp on the phone. I am needing a better lens for my camera.

Ha !!, just been looking at the available decals for Intruders over at Hannants. Not got a kit, yet just thinking about a posible project for next year.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours, Paul.

Ian.

Great choice Paul ... always loved the intruder ... What kind of Visors do you use ??? I thought mine was glass lens but I'm starting to think they are acrylic ... :popcorn

I'll be watching this with interest. Love this bird. VA-95 was our sister squadron on the WESTPAC95 (and earlier) deployment. They were decommed after we got back to the rock, one of the last operational A-6E outfits. I've got a 1/72 Italeri kit (1/72 Hasegawa is junk out of the box) and some VA-95 decals to do an Operation Praying Mantis build.

I was eyeballing that kit earlier this week...but know absolutely nothing about Hobby Boss. But your initial impressions are encouraging. :good:

I went a did some pit work, It's not the greatest but hey, I'm old, half blind in one eye and can't hear out of the other. The seat belts would not co-operate so Ill have to make some later. then Ill flat coat after some touch ups.

hbf3ccca.JPG

h8ad76c2.JPG

h1c4db85.JPG

h2dfc46d.JPG

hbf3ccca_2016-03-26.JPG

Thanks for watching.

since the last report I finished the nose gear and the radar compartment which needs more attention to detail.
I sewed up the fuse and now I need to fill some small gaps.

he31d630.JPG

hac207be.JPG

h90007d3.JPG

Hello Y'all. I had a chance to do quite a bit more to the tadpole today. filled in some seams and assembled the inner wings. I am really surprised how well things went together. I also slid them in place for a dry fit and found out that it isn't so easy to get them out again so I just left them alone. In order to get the camo just right I think I can use the color plate and size it up to 48 scale and make a mask from that.

h6523ae6.JPG

h18ab074.JPG

ha9d8633.JPG

Back