• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Chevy for Sherman 18!

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Yep thought I would do a Chevy with so many Fords being built :eek:hmy: Kinda funny since I'm a dye blue Ford brand guy.

Give my hand at a 55 Chevy Gasser! I love the look of these cars done this way. As a base going to use the Revell 55 Chevy Street Machine.

55_02.jpg

55_01.jpg

base kit

55_03.jpg

55_04.jpg

A molded in exhaust!!!!!! That just is not going to cut it.

55_05.jpg

Yeah I cut the floor out
55_06.jpg

55_08.jpg

Started to take the molding off the side

55_09.jpg

Until next update

Having so little time to sniff glue.............. I mean model :blush:

Here is the progress I have for the last eight weeks in this double nickle Chevy. Yeah some of the pictures are not the best.

Mostly have the passenger compartment floor roughed in.

247.jpg

248.jpg

Here is a dain bramage moment. I was thinking I could do the floor just as GM did.
It did not fit. Took two weeks to figure that out.
250.jpg

252.jpg

251.jpg

Here is the floor I'm sticking with
254.jpg

255.jpg

256.jpg

253.jpg

I cut away the from part of the frame. I was not going to do this but I feel it will pay
out in the long run. Should be easier to mount the front spring/s and axle.
249.jpg

I removed the kit supplied transmission. I'm going to use the B&M transmission from Revells
Willy's Gasser kit.
245.jpg

I also removed the oil pan from the engine and with a little cutting I'm using the oil pan
from the Willys kit too.
246.jpg

Thats it for now everyony have a good one.

I have been working on cutting out the floor with a #11 blade. It was taking for ever, and that I only worked on it for about 20 min. at a time. After 3 weeks of this a bulb came on while driving back to school a couple of sundays ago. Just drill it anf then file off the rest. I know I'm hard headed at times.

092.jpg

094.jpg

Back