• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Big "Hurry"

Leopard2

Now that the ice is broken, I can get my feet wet. And its BIG....very BIG. May I introduce my entry for the "Battle of Britain" Campaign.The venerable and famous "Hawker Hurricane". This is the 1970's Vintage Hurry from Airfix in 1/24. This will be mostly an OOB build maybe with a little scratch building.

Joe

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

I started work on the engine and the cockpit. I totally forgot how much clean up Airfix kits require. If I ever find the guy that told me to just build this kit I am going to choke him.......ok, chhhhhh chhhhhhhh...chhhheer rrrr zome pics..( cant breath)

Chhhoee

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

Re: A Big "Hurry" Engine Painted

Well, it took me only 2 month to get some paint on the engine :D. From the references I found the Merlin Engines in Hurricanes were either black or sometime they were just black. :D I also spent plenty of hours filling ejector pin holes and sanding them and I am not even half way done. OK, here are some pics.

Joe
IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

I got a little bit more done on the Hurricane. Since some parts have fit issues and the detail isn't the best, I decided to close her up eventually. I think the Sutton harness will be a challenge to put together and position correctly.Its has about 70 pcs of PE :( . I got the wing together with the wheel well and I am slowly getting ready to put the cockpit together. As for markings I decided to use some Am decals for a Polish Squad in September 1940.

Joe

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

Thx guys. I think it will be quite a challenge to get the Cockpit/ Firewall/ Engine assembly plus the tail wheel in the fuselage and mating the two halves.

Paddy, after I started the Hurri, a guy in our club dug up his 1/24 Airfix Me 109. And yes, they still make them. I see those kits pop up more and more often including the FW-190, Spitfire, P-51 and Stuka.

Joe

Waiting or some Gator Glue right now so I can start assembling the seat harness. Instructions for the harness said that CA dries to hard and makes the harness stiff. So the glue should arrive sometime this week.

Joe

Back