• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'57 Chevy "Black Widow'

tomwes

In 1957 Chevrolet had 3 different 2 door sedans available, the Bel Air, 210 and 150 Utility. The 150 Utility was the base model with the back seat removed for extra storage space. The 150 Utility Sedan equipped with a new Ramjet fuel injection engine made for a race ready stock car.

Here is my entry:

57Chevy001.jpg

57Chevy002.jpg

Tom

Seconding that, Tom! I've heard nothing but good things about that kit, best wishes and karma. (y)

Not a whole lot to show right now but this is where I'm at so far:

Engine block painted Chevy engine red
57chevy004.jpg

Chassis assembled and painted
57chevy003.jpg

Interior is to be painted light gray, the kit included decals for the seats and door interiors (nice)!
57chevy005.jpg

And the classic look of the '57 Chevy body
57chevy006.jpg

I also tried something different with the chrome parts, I left the chrome on and overpainted with MM enamel gloss black then painted them with Alclad aluminum. I should have used gloss white instead, the parts look too dark and I need to order some Alclad II bright chrome for the front and rear bumpers, etc.

Thanks for looking, Tom

Toms Brother has Offered to send me this kit to finish. Will you guys help me as there might be some parts missing and I am not back to the hobby so long.

I would love to see you finish it for Tom but I don't have the kit to offer any spares...

Regards,

Toms Brother has Offered to send me this kit to finish. Will you guys help me as there might be some parts missing and I am not back to the hobby so long.
My door is always open, ask here or PM me. (y)

Back