• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

3D print from Eduard

paddy

As promised some pictures of Eduards 3D print F4F engine,

_DSC7777.JPG

Those of you who dont have a clue why i am posting this... here is an Aires FW190 gun mount in 1/48 with its associated resin pouring block
Apart from the very unpleasant dust created from removing this block, you can never be really sure where the part finishes and the block starts, bear in mind fractions out can ruin a build because get the foundations wrong and everything you attach to them will be wrong

FW190 4_01.JPG

and back to the 3d print Eduard parts

_DSC7776.JPG

_DSC7774.JPG

I am not sure at this point about detail ? it looks good but we shall see when i build this up, A good sharp accurate pair of sprue cutters will be needed which has to be better than a saw and a file :)

What scale? I tried scratch building all that years ago, had fun doing it but came up short.

I have a number of the Eduard 1/32 scale Brassin kits and they are obviously mastered with a 3D printer. They are also quite nice and detailed to the extreme.

Back