• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2015 Aircraft Production Run Maddog Manufacturing

Duke Maddog

Happy New Year everyone, and it is now about two weeks into the New Year. This will be a small update but I now have some decent progress to show, so without further ado; here is how I started the new year.

I resolved to finish at least eight of the unfinished models from 2013 and 2014. At least six are now extremely close to the finish line.

On my aircraft, I decided to apply some decals. I only had enough time at Hobby Day to get two aircraft done of the three that I had brought to do.

The first one was my F-86, done up as Major Jabara's plane:

WIP_HobbyBoss_F86_VIII.jpg

Next I did my Australian Aardvark that had been sitting on my workbench since 2013:

WIP_Australian_Aardvark_XVIII.JPG

Now these two are ready for a final clear/dullcoat and finishing up. I can't wait to get them done.

The day before Hobby Day, I had some time to work on my 1/32 scale Tigershark. Here it is with the final set of Silly Putty Masking on it:

WIP_Tigershark_XIV.jpg

Then I shot the final color on this:

WIP_Tigershark_XV.jpg

When I got home from Hobby Day on Saturday, I had some time to go in and remove all the masking off this plane. I think it's looking pretty good:

WIP_Tigershark_XVI.jpg

You can see I also fixed the wingtip missile rail......again. Hopefully it stays fixed now; I'm tired of dealing with it.

Now all I have to do is paint the black nose on it and the metallic wrap around the exhausts, then I can clearcoat this and decal it.

I also managed to get a little progress done on some of my armor. Feel free to check it out. You can see the results in the Armored Fury Manufacturing Thread.

That's about it for now. I have a few days coming up where I can get more done so hopefully soon I'll be able to post some finished models. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Okay, after about two and a half days of marathon building, I finally managed to get a few things done. I wanted to get even more done but sometimes it felt like I was going two steps forward and one step back. That was still moving forward at least; not as much as I wanted, but I still moved forward.

First off, this will be a short update since most of the progress resulted in some completed models. In fact, I completed three aircraft and three armor. Feel free to check them out in their respective Forums.

And now, on to everything I've gotten done.

On my aircraft, I finally finished up my F-86 Sabre and set it on it's wheels. It promptly fell back on it's tail, despite my having added weight to the nose. So, I cut off the nose to add some more weight to it, both in the intake as well as the space above the intake:

WIP_HobbyBoss_F86_IX.jpg

After that was done, I replaced the nose and touched it up again and called it done.

Next, I applied the decals to the Gloster Meteor. They look bad because they are the original Frog decals in this kit. I had no others to put on this so I just used them. They actually went on fairly well to my surprise. I didn't have nearly as many issues with them as I thought I would:

WIP_Gloster_Meteor_VII.jpg

WIP_Gloster_Meteor_VIII.jpg

Later I recoated this with another clearcoat, installed the landing gear and gear doors and set it aside as finished.

Finally, I pulled out the Aardvark and started on the landing gear for it:

WIP_Australian_Aardvark_XIX.JPG

After getting them installed, I did some final touchups and then called it done.

Okay, you've seen the work I did to these, now feel free to check them out here in this Forum.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back