• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee

Viper_MP

Well, Moon wanted to see pics, and it's finally 100% done and I was able to get some pics. So here they are. This was built as part of a skills contest with another club member. The challenge...same kit, same options from the kit, same color, NO AFTERMARKET, and only scratch built details. The one exception was the use of foil and flocking.

This is the AMT 1/24 kit. The options we decided on: 440 Six-pack, Plum Crazy Purple, Hurst Pistol grip shifter, and the stock rims.

I decided early on, I wanted to super detail this. Luckily, there is one local and I knew it was at American Dream Machines in the back shop. So I got permission to check it out. I added every hose possible in the engine bay. Scratchbuilt items: exhaust tips [aluminum], Hurst shifter, wiper motor, VIN plate, battery brackets, hose clamps, front bumper brace, radiator brace, and hood latch. The kit has nothing from the radiator to the front grill. So...I built it all. Interior is flocked. Chrome work is actually all Alclad Chrome. The hood scoops were remade and vacuuformed. The hood was opened up into the Ram-charger intake. I got lucky, and found references for all of the factory build marks. So I added them all [stuff like the stripes on the drive shaft]. I also made sure to do the body color over-spray onto the frame.

Total build time....about 2 years.

h90a9b2c.JPG

hfc6373d.JPG

h83eef94.JPG

hec86b82.JPG

h098082b.JPG

I can hear that thing rumble now. Outstanding and being about to stay at it for 2 years, dedication :notworthy

Back