• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1965 Cobra 427 S/C Metal Toy .... Upgrade

Swordsman

I purchased a Kismart 1/32 scale Shelby Cobra 427 S/C to upgrade for my Texas Outlaws On30 IO.groups. It needs upgrading ....

h9c29754.jpg

h0af0dcb_2020-02-25.jpg

h29cd64e.jpg

My Phone is taking photos in some weird format that won't post here ... So I'll email them to me, and offer to other .... Laptop ... just a sec ....

h3e113dd.jpg

h9be9bf0.jpg

So I opened her up and found both rear & front lights can be illuminated. :geek

h72d4df5.jpg

h43c923b.jpg

Hang tight .... mini electronics 101 coming ....

hb85fe89.jpg

Ok I'm seeing a two-tone brown interior, brown steering wheel with chrome center spokes at least the dash is detailed a bit may try a wood grain on it .... we'll have to see how she turns out .... :captain

Thanks Luiz & Chris ..... I've been gone for a bit again .... Just can't seem to catch a break ..... I got rid of my slow ISP last Thursday now running 10 meg per second, my service has been up for 5 days straight now :mpup so On March 27th my laptop crashed & I had to reload everything from OS on up .... so I missed the dead line on March Madness ..... On well .... That's the way the cookie crumbles .... So I did a little on the Cobra. I removed pull back motor, and put a little piece of pipe in it's place, so I could put the axle back in without motor. I also found my LED's and glued them into front lights.

427 Cobra 1.jpg

Last edited:
patience while I learn how to drive this thing ..... Here's the other photo of the Headlight LED's they are tiny, I lost two of them last night.

427 Cobra 5.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to get some bench time yesterday, slow process gluing the LED wires inside body ..... I have some tiny switches for on/off or I could use a magnetic latching reed switch ..... but she's coming along .... I was able to get the axle out of pullback motor ....

427 Cobra 8.jpg

and I have a shot of the headlights on .... next is to find my On/Off switch ......

427 Cobra 7.jpg

Cheers !!! .... Working on electronic hook ups ..... This whole idea came from some trucks I bought for too much $$$ that had lights but very poorly
installed, and teethed to a power cord .... this 1/32 car, can be deployed anywhere on layout, that I desire, can be picked up, and moved to alternate location .....

Last edited:
Beautiful work Gerry! Looks great! Cograts on getting those headlights working.

Thanks Mark ...... I'll bet these LED's would fit in some of Your Models ...... I just received My reed switches the other day, ...... More to come to Humid in Texas to paint ....

Too humid in Texas to paint? I remember painting rocks at Lackland AFB one early fall...

BTW, nice work!

Thanks James, I've got lots of irons in the fire, and it's springtime in Texas ..... So lots to do outside. The one light on the right, is dim because the LED turn on it's side while drying, I need to pull it out and reposition ....

Looking good Gerry! Always good to see you posting!

Thanks dude .... Good to be back on-line .... I hope all is good with you .....

Too humid in Texas to paint? I remember painting rocks at Lackland AFB one early fall...

BTW, nice work!

It was Winter when I was at Lackland AFB, right now the weather is weird ..... There's dew in the morning then shoots from high 60's to 90 degrees .....

Either helicopter or car, both are great!!! Like the light. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Fellers I still haven't figured how this works, but I'll admit it is getting better ..... Could be my new ISP ..... Their tower is on Our property ..... I don't think it has dropped the connection but once during a North Texas Thunder storm ..... That there multi-quote thing is kewl .... one other thing I did is move rear axle tube, forward a bit, as the wheel wasn't centered in wheel well .... think I'll paint the seats today ....

I’m like’n this
I'm glad you like it .... this will work better than having wires running up though a base, autos will be able to place anywhere on the layout .... Hang around I'm working on how to get One LED to shine through both back lights equally ....

Back