• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1934 Ford Hotrod Pickup, Iron Mike Style

MIKE,

Now this is startin' to take shape ! Yes on th Sharks Mouth !! Looks PHAT !! As does th Wood Bed with Chrome strips !! Hells Yeah !! I think I'll crack open a Heineken & throw American Graffiti (y) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFgTMYEaWlc

ERIK

Awesome Mike, Not a ratrod build so that means dusting off the paint bottles that say gloss!

Funny cause I'm looking to cut on a 1/24 Peterbilt. Frame stretch, lowering and custom drive axle fenders....deluxe

Tim

Erik, Paradise Road!

Randy, thanks buddy! Have several days off this week, so maybe I'll get some done!

Tim, gonna be Arrest Me Red, with as much chrome as I can find. The Pete sounds awesome! There was a guy who scratch built one from brass at the Nationals in Atlanta few years back, I'll dig around and see if I can find some pix of it.

Hi Mike,
Arrest me red ? Is that anywhere close to hussy red ? Did I hear LHS. trip ?

I would stay it's starting to look good but it started interesting me way back and you know how many cars I build. B)

Hey Chris! I made very little progress today, lots of distractions and just wasn't feeling it! Here's today's damage.

Plumbing!

img_3779_1_20101124_1664158283.jpg

I dug up a master cylinder from the parts box, yet another distraction and fabbed up a crossmember to hitch it to.

img_3783_5_20101124_2036642634.jpg

I used my trusty .015 silver solder for the brake lines.

img_3782_4_20101124_2092236229.jpg

I made the T from 1/16" Evergreen rod.

img_3781_3_20101124_1620840975.jpg

Most of this work will not be seen, but it's there!

img_3780_2_20101124_1490628965.jpg

Shot the whole chassis with semi gloss black, primed the cab and bed, getting ready to assemble engine.

We got brakes! Looks good Mike!

Reminds me of when I got a buddy's '41 GMC flatbed running after 20 yrs of sitting dormant. I had a milk jug hooked up for a "gas tank", no brakes yet and a 5 gallon can for a seat. My buddy's brain out revs his thinking sometimes and before I new it he was heading down the road! About 15 minutes later he comes walking up the drive to tell me the truck's in the ditch and he thinks it's out of gas :laugh:

Tim

Still chuckling over that one, Tim! I used the trusty ol' rattle can Krylon on the chassis, so no primer first. The engine block, heads and intake got primer with Tamiya grey primer, then shot with Tamiya Black, all rattle cans. Still have a few hickeys in the body, so no primer progress yet, bed is primed and I worked over the headers and the bed strips.

You didn't feel the force. Well as you know, the force died here at 18:00hrs as well.
Looks pretty good to me Mike. Needs to be functional. Can't drive without brakes. :hmmm

Well, I guess you finally got your power back, unless you hooked your computer up to the the generator! Happy Thanksgiving to all! Hopefully, more progress today!

Thanks for the in progress pics of this build. I really enjoy viewing it. This will be a very nice example of a slammed to the ground rod.(y) :mpup :Hiay

Thanks, guys! There hasn't been any progress, the little modeling time I've had has been devoted to the Hetzer. I do have the bed planks varnished and the bed strips cut, but everything is still sitting here mocking me!:S

Mocking you!!! The nerve!! I'd take it out back & put a bullet in the radiator!! Just a thought!!!:laugh:

Right now, they are all mocking me, especially all those new unopened kits in the closet!!!!!! :D

Hi Mike ,
Just wondering if you ever got back to this one ? I've been checking it out lately after Rob pointed me to it ,Thats how I found the site ! Anyway ,Im just finishing a similar build myself ,but was interested to see how yours was coming along ? Its looking real nice by the way !(y)

Chris.

Thanks, Chris! No, no progress on the '34 for quite awhile, I have had other things on the bench and not as much modeling time at that. I'll get back to it, but might be a bit yet. Glad you found us!

Back