• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1930 Chris Craft runabout 1/8 scale

Tim A.

Well, well, well.... this thing is a complete mess but a gentleman brought it to me saying he heard I was good at this sorta stuff and asked if I could "fix it up". When I saw what he had all I could say was... "sure, I'm your Huckleberry :frantic

It's an old Dumas 1/8 scale runabout and this particular one even comes with a dirt dobber nest :blink
A quick scan inside the box revealed even more fun as whoever did the handy work on the hull also did the cutting on the vacuum formed seats and there's not much left of them now :facepalm

oh well complaining ain't going to git er dun so lets get to it. I'm having new Honduras Mahogany planks cut at my buddies shop and in the mean time I'm stripping the old ones off. It's going to be gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing the look on the owners face when it's done.

Tim

h5dc5ab5.jpg

h242e064.jpg

:popcorn Looking forward to this Tim. The old Chris Craft boats are nothing short of beautiful .

Real craftsmanship :drinks :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Oooohhhh Cant wait to see this. I've seen the kits made and the real things and they are all gorgeous. Looks like you may have you work cut out for you though.
James

The nice thing about wood is that you can make it dance :dance , if you are skilled.
I'm looking forward to your updates :popcorn . Chris Craft were beautiful boats. (y)

http://youtu.be/uuNDtFMr6j8

found a video that shows what this boat is supposed to look like. This might get crazy folks! I've noticed also the deck planks on the model were to wide, we'll fix that :skipper

Tim

$245,000...Hey guys let's chip in and we can swap off every other weekend! :captain

Don't you love the throttle lever in the floor.

$245,000...Hey guys let's chip in and we can swap off every other weekend! :captain

Don't you love the throttle lever in the floor.

You caught the price too. Of course you've got to have the professionally maintained classic vehicle to pull it too so tack on another 100 grand.

I noticed the floor throttle too, very cool. Also the steering wheel is on the left side, Opposite most boats I see today.

Tim

Back