• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

$19 and OD's Hurricane buddy build

Thanks Bob!

Fleshing out the leading edge landing lights. Airfix has empty notches for them, but as they are so prominent a feature on the wing, I wanted to do a little something to spruce them up.

h001.jpg

h002.jpg

Thanks James.

I'm almost caught up with Gary now. I'll be heading for the paint shop tomorrow.

h002-1.jpg

h008.jpg

I did relocate the pilot's boarding stirrup from the incorrect location Airfix has for it. On the centerline! go figure that one out. It's now where it's supposed to be at the wing trailing edge fillet.

h007.jpg

I'll get more up as things progress.

Not the obligatory paint drying photo! The paint IS dry! :gogo ModelMaster Sky.

h011.jpg

And of course the flat black on the prop and spinner. Top colors soon.

Well, wonders will never cease... I finally finished this one :dance It fought me right to the end but the issues were all my doing. Anyway I'm glad it now is in the display case. I really need to get a better set up for photography indoors. Normally this time of year I could take it outside but it was cold and rainy today, any way here she be...

hurricane-b16.jpg

hurricane-b17.jpg

hurricane-b18.jpg

hurricane-b19.jpg

hurricane-b20.jpg

hurricane-b21.jpg

hurricane-b22.jpg

hurricane-b23.jpg

OK Dollar the ball is back in your court :laugh:

OoooH , I like the way this one came out (y) (y) . I see you gave it the boot in the end !

Very nice . Cheers, Christian B)

Gramps Dollar has his hands full lately, hope he gets some time on the bench but don't hold your breath :rotf

If that kit fought you Gary, you whipped it's butt! :notworthy

Im going to revive this thread by holding up my end and finishing my Hurricane.
Got some paint and a gloss coat on her and starting decals today. will get up some pics soon.

Back