• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 scale flying wing

matrixone

I posted pics of this model over at Hyperscale as part of the Ho 229 mini-theme and thought maybe it might interest to some here, its my 1/72 scale PM Horten Ho 229.
The model was built O.O.B. except for the decals which came from my spares box. Airbrush used was my Badger 100G (this model was made in my pre-Iwata era).

187616568.jpg

187611125.jpg

187611098.jpg

187609529.jpg

Matrixone

Thank you Mr.T!

The Ho 229 is one of my favorites along with the Ta 183 as the Luftwaffe ''could have beens''.

Matrixone

Didn't you scratch build the hanger?

Always a joy to see your work Les, now if we can do something about your avatar...:mpup

Thank you Dave.

The paints used were Model Master enamels. Before I bought my Iwata airbrushes (and air compressor) the air compressor I used did not have a PSI guage on it. What I did to get around the problem of having no air pressure guage was to loosen the air line on the compressor which allowed some of the air to bleed off. When spraying fine details I would loosen the air line enough that hardly any was actually going to the airbrush. I thin my paints a lot when I know I will need to spray fine details, also I hold the airbrush very close to the models surface. ALWAYS keep an old model nearby to test your spray pattern before committing paint to your model, highly thinned paints will spread easily on the models surface if the PSI is too high.

Les

Moon Puppy,
I actually used two different aircraft hangers in these pics, one was scratch built the other came from a kit I had seen in a Walthers model RR catalog, the kit was modified a bit to make it more useful for my purposes.

Later I will fix the avatar thing. :silly:

Matrixone

Here is a pic of some of my models/model parts I use to check to make sure my airbrush will spray correctly before aiming the airbrush at the model I want to paint, doing it this way has saved me many hours of having to re-spray to correct errors.

399327221.jpg

Matrixone

Back