• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Scale Bradley ODS

Duke Maddog

Okay, as per the instructions for this Group Build, I'm posting the pic of the model I'm planning on building.

This is Dragon's 1/72 scale Bradley M2A ODS that I found in my stash recently. Since I'd just completed a platoon of Bradleys (reinforced) I figure I may as well get this one done to join them.

QSGroupBuild_I.JPG

I may get it started tomorrow or the next day, depending on how I feel. Been fighting a bug lately that I can't seem to shake.

Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted.

Now for my progress on this Bradley I am building for this Group Build. Here is my progress on the first day I got to work on this.

I started with the lower hull and suspension. Got all the roadwheels on and the rear end on:

WIP_QtrScale_GB_I.JPG

Next, I assembled the turret, all except for the main gun. I don't want to snap it during handling:

WIP_QtrScale_GB_II.JPG

Finally, I assembled the upper hull, and the side skirts separately which I left on the sprues. here is a shot of the three sub-assemblies all test-fit together. This Bradley is ready for it's basecoat:

WIP_QtrScale_GB_III.JPG

That's all for now. Stay tuned and comments are welcome.

Lookin good MD!! I did the M6 version. I just love all the detail on these.

Terry B)

Lookin good MD!! I did the M6 version. I just love all the detail on these.

Terry B)

Thanks Terry! I also did that M-6 Linebacker. It's in my last thread showing my five Bradleys (or four Bradleys and a Linebacker) along with the British Warrior. You're right! Awesome detail and a blast to build!

Saul, shall I enter my three Hasegawa CCKW dump trucks here too? Oh wait, I can't; I already got them built and ready for paint... :idonno :D

do these little ones have individual track links?

Some of these kits do, but this particular one doesn't. Dragon has had them on the Porsche Tiger I and the Elefant and Ferdinand. That's the only ones I know of from Dragon that do. Revell of Germany makes all their modern armor with link & length tracks.

More progress here on this Small Scale Group Build, I have sprayed on the green basecoat for the latest Bradley:

WIP_QtrScale_GB_IV.JPG

Now all I need to do is camouflage this and then get a clearcoat on it for decals.

Thanks all for looking in. Comments are welcome.

Thanks! However, I fear I may not be getting this done in time. It's pretty sad; I build small scale all the time, but I've never completed a Small Scale Group Build on any Forum. Man I am one sad sack.

Time will tell.

Well gee, a builder who has built 561 small scale armor models; builds up to nine kits at a time, gets them done in a week and finishes an average of 60 kits a year was not able to finish a lousy Small Scale Group Build.....AGAIN!! This is the third one I have failed to complete.

Man I suck!

Well gee, a builder who has built 561 small scale armor models; builds up to nine kits at a time, gets them done in a week and finishes an average of 60 kits a year was not able to finish a lousy Small Scale Group Build.....AGAIN!! This is the third one I have failed to complete.

If you fail to complete a GB that you have started, then as punishment, you MUST join another GB and complete something! :laugh:

Sorry to see you missed this one, but there are plenty of other GBs that are running.

Thanks Tank. I'll look over the others, but I haven't seen any currently running that I feel pulled to start. I will still get this Bradley completed though; I'm taking it to my Hobby Day today to get the camo pattern painted on and the tracks installed. Who knows, I may even get the decals on it today!

Back