• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Hasegawa Beaufighter

ErnieS

Found this again while I was cleaning out some kits, and thought I would give it another chance to get finished....

started a long time ago

I really wanted something different from the kit decal options, so I searched around and found a set of Print Scale decals that offered a couple of other choices, so time to get it done!
Ernie

So, that is how it has sat for the last three years :bang head :woohoo:

I decided to add some detail to the wheel bays, just some Evergreen strip.

Engines painted, I used Citadel Chainmail, then a was of AK engine oil, and last a drybrush of Metalizer steel to bring out the detail. The crankcases were painted Tamyia Semi-Gloss Black.

I also decided to replace the landing lights as they are rather obvious on the wing leading edge, and not all that well molded in the kit. I removed the kit lights, and drilled a pilot hole and then enlarged it with a round dremel bit to fit some MV lenses.

Glad you back at the bench! :popcorn

Me too!!! Busy summer, our son just started college about 3 1/2 hours away in Bangor, Me. so down to one child left in the house on a full time basis, so hopefully after a couple more big fall projects over the next couple of weeks, I will have a bit more time to devote to torturing plastic and turning un-built kits into started ones :dance :dance :dance :dance maybe even finish a few of them too :facepalm
Ernie

Back