• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48th scale Stug III G by Bandai

centaur567

ha38ecde.JPG

And maybe this one too. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Not really. The Panzer II is going to be gray and the Stug is going to be dark yellow/green/brown. Some of the interior colors are the same, but in different places. Thanks Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

h63b91e9.JPG

h7b26bc1.JPG

h71c828c.JPG

h44520e6.JPG

h3d29e6d.JPG

hd1a4420_2020-03-16.JPG

Yes, these kits are old. This one came with the original receipt from 1974 and went for $5 bucks and change. got the interior assembled ad painted and glued the hull this AM. Thanks, Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

hdde97d0.JPG

hd4485f5.JPG

The hull is closed up and more stuff added on.

h8535ef2.JPG

Opps!! Major screw up. Tried to straiten out the track by inserting into hot water. Not a good idea. In progress of ordering new tracks from Trak 48. Not sure on size, 38 or 40cm. Probably the 40cm. Oh well. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

After seeing the shipping charge($10.72 plus $24.00 for the tracks), I changed my mind. Instead, I'm going to use tracks and drive sprockets from a Nashorn kit that I was going to convert to a Hummel. I know not factory, but given the situation at the end of the war, it could have happened. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Thanks!! I was hoping that the ambush scheme is not too much over the top. Never saw any references to one. Just though that if I was crew on a Stug III, that I would want a paint job like this to blend in more. I guess you could say it's a What If scheme. Thanks for looking, Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Can this thread be moved to Armor Fury ??
100_6003.JPG

A dark wash was applied and a new set of tracks was sent to me from one of the guys on the Track 48 forum.
100_6007.JPG
100_6007.JPG

Raised areas were the highlighted with lighter oils.
100_6008.JPG
100_6009.JPG

Then some battle damage was added. Thanks for looking. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Back