• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 VW type 82 pickup

The Zod

Tamiya kit,with the CKM resin conversion.Pic 1 shows where I had to cut the body in half.

VW2.jpg

2nd pic is the resin plug that needs to be removed.
VW5.jpg

Had to remove some area over the rear wheels so the body would fit.

VW1.jpg

The CMK instructions do not tell you to remove the holders for the rear bumper. I am not sure if the pickup version had a rear bumper.
VW3.jpg

Just a quick test fit.
VW4.jpg

No luck in finding any pix of the real thing.Hopefully,I can find some pix of the rear end.The CMK instructions do not tell you where to add the tail lights,and liscence plate holder.

Tiny picture but it looks like the real thing. I don't see a back bumper and the license plate is barely visible but on the LHS.

HTH

1939VW-KdF-WagenType825Pickup.jpg

Ken Abrams wrote:
Tiny picture but it looks like the real thing. I don't see a back bumper and the license plate is barely visible but on the LHS.

HTH

1939VW-KdF-WagenType825Pickup.jpg

Ken

Many thanks dude. I wonder if that is an engine access hole in the bed. I don't see any tail lights,but then the pic is small.The search goes on for me. Thanks again.

This is cool! I remember seeing a Bug flatbed years ago. Can't remember details as it must have gone with one of the dead brain cells.

moon puppy wrote:
This is cool! I remember seeing a Bug flatbed years ago. Can't remember details as it must have gone with one of the dead brain cells.

When I saw this conversion,I had to get it.

General Zod wrote:
I wonder if that is an engine access hole in the bed.

That would be my guess, certainly wasn't to put water in the radiator. ;)

I know these aren't the same exact vehicle but I thought they might be similar enough for ideas on lights/bumpers etc.

385-VW-34.JPG

385-VW-35.JPG

I would think that the two doors in the back vertical face of the resin conversion part are engine access.... as well as the one in the deck over the engine....

Bob

There's a couple of shots of the beetle pick up here :-

http://www.shorey.net/Auto/German/VolksWagon/Beetle/htmltree.html

David

Congratulations!!!!

I think that is a very funny and interesting work. It´s different.
About this work, I show a pair of photografs of the "Military Miniatures in rewiew" Magazine (July 2001) if you need it
MilitModel.jpg

MilitModel2.jpg

Ken Abrams wrote:
General Zod wrote:
I wonder if that is an engine access hole in the bed.

That would be my guess, certainly wasn't to put water in the radiator. ;)

I know these aren't the same exact vehicle but I thought they might be similar enough for ideas on lights/bumpers etc.

385-VW-34.JPG

385-VW-35.JPG

Ken
Thank you again with the help. Good man you are. :silly:

deebeesee wrote:
There's a couple of shots of the beetle pick up here :-

http://www.shorey.net/Auto/German/VolksWagon/Beetle/htmltree.html

David

Thanks for the link David. B)

jporto wrote:
Congratulations!!!!

I think that is a very funny and interesting work. It´s different.
About this work, I show a pair of photografs of the "Military Miniatures in rewiew" Magazine (July 2001) if you need it

Thank you sir. B) Hard to believe you can fit a stretcher into a VW :woohoo:

shawngehling wrote:
Looks pretty cool,
I did the 35th scale conversion of the ambulance.
Love what you go going with the pick-up...
Shawn

Thanks Shawn.

Did you use the CMK conversion?

Back