• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Sturm III Ausf. G

Jeeves

Pairing up with ausf on building up this gem...not going to be doing much AM...unless the Black Dog resin accessories fall into my hands...
Sturm.jpg

Thanks guys!

Jeff and Chad...shows how much I know...didn't even realize there was more than one version available ;)

Thanks James and Mike!

Base coat is on and I am kind of holding pattern until Dr. John gets started of his...in the meantime, I picked up the awesome Black Dog resin stowage for her--
003~50.jpg

Call me lazy-- but since the rear cage was already part of this piece, I was all for it-- plus I love all the detail painting I get to do with this type of piece:
004~43.jpg

005~46.jpg

These pieces will be stowed behind the Schürzen...not sure if I'll use the heavy jacket though as I am planning on this being a Kursk StuG set in July...
006~41.jpg

And I have no idea on this piece...
007~38.jpg

:idonno

Ok...I've got some painting questions-- for the milk can looking think on the rear right of this pic-

005~46.jpg

What color would that be?

And then I know the Jerry cans would be Dark Yellow like the tank, but what about the other pair of cans in this pic to the right (water cans?)--

006~41.jpg

Thanks in advance!

You got several options for the milk can;from aluminium to galvanized metal.

The other cans look like Essenbehälters (food containers) painted in Field Grey:

Essenbehalter.jpg

For the Jerry cans Dark Yellow is OK,but you could also use Panzer Grey,for older types, or even Field Grey but that was seen lesser then the yellow and grey cans.

HTH.

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron...

The reason I chose Dark Yellow is because the Stug is also dark yellow for the most part so I thought the gray might not be right...but maybe I'll throw a couple Field Gray in there to vary things up a bit...

Well...still have some detail painting to do and loads of weathering...but here she is with the main paint scheme and Blackdog resin in place...went with a scheme I saw in the Walkaround book I saw that I really dug due to the weird patterns on the Schürzen-- especially this side with the replaced panel...
001~52.jpg

There wasn't a shot of the other side to go on so I sort of mirrored it sans replacement panel-
003~54.jpg

002~47.jpg

There was something wonky on the one side of the tread in front...not sure I can fix it at this point...gonna have to decide what to do...
004~47.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Back