• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya P-51D I.D.F

Hi there, just finished this bird. Constructive criticism welcome :)
030-Copy.jpg
[/img]
029-Copy.jpg
[/img]
023-Copy.jpg
[/img]
022-Copy.jpg
[/img]
021-Copy.jpg
[/img]

Very nice scheme, good finish. Be careful of the leading edge seam on the wings, mustang wings always need work, just how much you want to put in it is the question.

Nice bird! :pilot

Thanks Moon Puppy. I'll try some Ultracast gun fairings on the next one + some Master .50 cal barrels.
The wing seam will get a bit more attention (I've got 2 more 1/48 'stangs to do)
BTW I enjoyed watching your 1/32 build B)

Cheers Adam. I used Hunbrol 191 (Met) - brushpainted which came up pretty dull until I gave it a coat of Vectra which is just like Future/Clear

Hi Kiwi,
like the build. Silver paint very believable. Looks very much like an airframe that's been around for a while . Not too bright.

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice Mustang - in addition to rarely presented paint. One note: anti-glare strip in front of the cockpit should be matt (not gloss - because therefore ceases to be anti-glare ;) )

Back