• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya P-47D completed

Adam

Yeah yeah another Tamiya P-47.... :facepalm

This one is getting a little Eduard PE in the cockpit, some Ultracast wheels, some CMK 500 pounders and Zotz decals for "Screaming Red Ass Commander."

I have the cockpit completed and am about ready to close up the fuselage.

20160302_090243_zpsjevyvk6a.jpg

20160302_090017_zpsrlptnjjj.jpg

20160302_090052_zpsdgrzgpe2.jpg

I am hoping to have this done in a few weeks. Wish me luck! Haha. :D

1/48 Tamiya P-47D

Thanks for all the comments guys. I know it's been said but these Tamiya 47s have to be a contender for best out of the box kit of all time.

Just a mundane update. Puttying and sanding and blending and smoothing the seams in preparation for the natural metal finish. This is probably the 4th time I have putted and sanded the fuselage seam. I will get it where I think it looks good and hit it with primer and think I am done then I will come back the next day and have a ghost seam. Infuriating! :bang head

20160320_201618_zpsucavwan4.jpg

So I brought out the CMK resin 500 pounders. Now this is freaking PE oragami. Each fin part has 12 bends at two different angles. I simply cannot get it to where I think it looks good enough or symmetrical so I think I am just going to go back to the plastic bombs in the kit and use the PE spinners that came with these.

20160320_201834_zpsjfpfumlr.jpg

Hope to be squirting some paint soon!

1/48 Tamiya P-47D

Does look like they made it difficult. The arming vanes will be really nice, if you going to use them make sure you include the arming wire.

I got the Razorback in my stash, should break it out. :popcorn

1/48 Tamiya P-47D

Thanks guys. Painting is done! Had a muck up on the top of the left wing right near the fuselage join. Somehow a blob of something got on it and smeared and ate into the paint. Sooooo out came the sandpaper and polishing pads. :bang head Then I thought hey that looks pretty smooth now so I just shot some more metal paint on it. Boy was that a mistake. :bang head It crazed the plastic underneath and I could still see sanding marks. :bang head So back out with the sandpaper and polishing pads. :bang head Then I hit the whole area with Mr. Surfacer 1000. Then I hit it with the metal paint. Finally something acceptable although in person it doesn't look nearly as good as it did before I globbed whatever the hell it is that I got on the wing. :bang head Base color is Floquil Old Silver. Panels and other random parts painted with Model Master Metalizers and Alclad. OD glare panel I custom mixed this time with Model Master Enamels only because my jar of Model Master OD was all gummed up when I went to use it. :bang head

20160402_185023_zpsegsdwn0g.jpg

20160402_185041_zpsxjbug6s7.jpg

1/48 Tamiya P-47D

Thanks guys. Painting is done! Had a muck up on the top of the left wing right near the fuselage join. Somehow a blob of something got on it and smeared and ate into the paint. Sooooo out came the sandpaper and polishing pads. :bang head Then I thought hey that looks pretty smooth now so I just shot some more metal paint on it. Boy was that a mistake. :bang head It crazed the plastic underneath and I could still see sanding marks. :bang head So back out with the sandpaper and polishing pads. :bang head Then I hit the whole area with Mr. Surfacer 1000. Then I hit it with the metal paint. Finally something acceptable although in person it doesn't look nearly as good as it did before I globbed whatever the hell it is that I got on the wing. :bang head Base color is Floquil Old Silver. Panels and other random parts painted with Model Master Metalizers and Alclad. OD glare panel I custom mixed this time with Model Master Enamels only because my jar of Model Master OD was all gummed up when I went to use it. :bang head

20160402_185023_zpsegsdwn0g.jpg

20160402_185041_zpsxjbug6s7.jpg

sure can't tell you had that much trouble. She looks great from down here. :pilot

1/48 Tamiya P-47D

Cannot see any 'evidence', Adam... looks good form down here.

Ian.

Back