• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Mossie PR Mk IV

Paulw

I can see the parts to this one. I can also see to paint it and it will be the only 48 scale Mosquito I have built. I have a full bottle of PR blue and even though the kit does not have the parts for the two stage super charger it does have the big HS paddle blades.

I went a stuck the nacelles together just to get things started.

More tomorrow

Check your refs, Paul, the early PR Mozzies were built alongside the B.IV's and would have had the same narrow chord props, the broad-chord 'paddles' didn't come along until early or mid 1944.

Great choice, a classic PR machine in every respect.

Ian.

I shot the wings today with Vallejo PRU blue, I figured that would be a good choice to paint a PR IV Mossie.
Assembled the undercarriage and promptly forgot the oil tanks and one strut before I put them in the nacelles and the gear doors on. Such is life here in gloomy old Oklahoma, where the flies are buzzing all day....

Just got back to this and I figured I would get as close to done as momma would allow. Cuz Momma don't low no skeeter buildin round hea.

I don't care what Momma don low, gonna build my Skeeter anyhow.

Back