• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Cromwell Mk. IV

Jeeves

Hopefully the iTouch can serve as my clock since I don't do newspapers...
1-30-11_158.jpg

1-30-11_159.jpg

Looking forward to having something without wings to build to mix things up a bit...

Thanks guys...I spent last night cleaning up and assembling road wheels and sprockets...

Nice choice,those 1/48 kits build into nice looking builds,and track48 has lots of accessories.

Thanks guys...the only thing not OOB will be anything I find from the spares box...

OK, be careful - dont mix it up too much, otherwise you'll have a flying tank and a crawling Lanc :)

Well-- been sick as a dog the last 4 days...but was able to get upright today to take progress pics-- still some painting to do and then decals...

2-22-11_004.jpg

2-22-11_005.jpg

2-22-11_006.jpg

That's it for now...thanks for looking!

Don't have access or resources to grab up the Mig pigments you guys use, so it'll be some dot filtering, ground up pastels, and I may try my hand at a pin wash as well...

When I was introduced to pigments in the 80's I searched all over. I was told to use pastels. These didnt work. While shopping in Rastatt West Germany one day and trying to explain to a young lady who couldnt understand what I was trying to say, I was pointed to chalk. I gave up knowing chalk was not what I'd been told about. But low and behold there is a chalk pastel and it had exactly what I needed. So if you go to an artist store and ask you will find a wide range for next to nothing. I used the back of an exacto knife to scrape off what I needed and I still use it for exhaust and for muzzle blast residue. So you dont really need expensive pigments although they are very nice.
James

Yup I have a similar set as well...and some weathering powders from Micromark...'tween the two I manage ;)

Well-- I am about to call this one done. Need to tone down those tow cables a bit ( a LOT!) and just do a little more here and there on the small parts...but here is progress...
4-19-11_007.jpg

4-19-11_008.jpg

4-19-11_010.jpg

Looking good, but where are my sunglasses for the cables?? Oh, here they are! B) (y)

Back