• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Historic Plastic Models Pe-2

Better send this whole thread to the Aerodrome Bob...I'm still adding putty to this horrible idea of a kit...

Hey Mike, I hate this one go down. I know it's definitely not the easiest kit to do. Mine came to a halt after I got into a quandary over colour issues and now that most of that is sorted I just haven't had the drive to pick it back up just yet. I ound that the fit isn't that bad once you figure out how to fit things into place, I did mine a bit differently then you have. I hope you don't mind my posting a few pics of mine so you can see how I did mine up to the point I got it, this is where it's at.

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg

What I did is "custom" fitted all the fuselage and then glued a thin rod around the inside of the cutout in the fuselage and marked them for after I put the fuselage together, and the subsequently lost one of the gun port ones. This way I could fit them after I had every thing finished including the paint job.

I hope this may be of some assistance to you.

I ought to get an award just for the restraint I am showing by not launching this one out the window!!

As you can see-- this is becoming a HPM putty model as opposed to a "plastic" model...every step of the way has shown misalignment despite the best attempts at dry fitting...lots of warp :(
004%7E13.jpg

003%7E15.jpg

Man I know how you feel. I have had some models I just wanted to step on.

Terry B)

Bummer :unsure: You definately showed more restraint than I. It would have visited the trash by now for me.
James

sSig_number1.gif

Sorry, it's the best I can do at the moment.

I reread my previous posting and I realized I mucked up
What I did is "custom" fitted all the fuselage WINDOWS and then glued a thin rod around the inside of the cutout in the fuselage and marked them for after I put the fuselage together, and the subsequently lost one of the gun port ones.
is what it should have read.

Lookin realy good (y)

I must thank you as a relatively unknown Chinese company has released a decent looking Tu-2 and I expect to see the Pe-2 from them as well.

You are making sure I don't look forward to my build, no matter how cool the crocodile markings are!

Regards,

Saúl...

I am sorry for all the negative waves...it's one of those things where if I can't laugh about it, I'd be crying instead! ;)

Yeah...it's like these guys used to be in some other business and then decided to try their hand at making models...only they didn't updated their manufacturing equipment...

Ah well...I'll soldier on and get it done...it won't be pretty but it'll look like a Pe-2...with enough whitewash it'll be fine!! Does AK Interactive or Mig make a whitewash mix or should I start grinding chalk? ;)

Hmmm....thanks Dave? ;)

Well-- it looks like a Pe-2 I guess :bang head :rotf Going to sand some of this down and make it all smooth-- and then add the VVS paint!
pe2a.jpg

Well...nowhere close to being done on time for the Quarterscale Madness-- but wanted to show you all I didn't give up! ;) C'est finis!!!

pe2a%7E0.jpg

pe2b.jpg

pe2c.jpg

pe2d.jpg

pe2e.jpg

pe2f.jpg

The Akan paints went on smooth as silk! But I decided to go white wash to hide some of the putty work...so used the old pastel/water trick with a little bit of help from craft paint. I realize it is no where near perfect-- but I am happy I finished regardless!!

Back