• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hasegawa/Revell F-86F Sabre

Dusan

Hello,

This is my entry for this campaign, it's a Hasegawa re-box by Revell as CL-13 version, I will build one more in the near future as a German bird... :hmmm

Btw I will also continue my work on Spitfire (Out Of the Box) and Bf109 (Wings over the Reich) very soon, but I think that F-86 Sabre and Starfighter are perfect for this campaign so I have to build this one. :ro:

Entry photo.
Sabre_001.jpg

Thanks for looking!
All the best!
Dusan.

If its like the Tamiya Mustang*, its "Silver Plated". If that is the case, soaking in bleach will remove the metallic color.

*I accidently bid on one and won it about 5 years ago. I couldn't figure out why I was getting it so cheaply :bang head :bang head :bang head

I apologize for the late reply. I've been busy lately :pinch:
Jeff I know what you mean, but this one is not silver plated, this is a regular gray/silver plastic. I have one Tamiya Spitfire MkV and F-84G silver plated. Mr Terry did a MiG-15 for the Russian campaign, which was coated with silver paint, and he did a great job!

sabre.jpg

Photo update soon, I started to work on Sabre.

All the best!
Dusan.

Hello,

I worked a bit on the Sabre, the cockpit is basic but I'll throw in a pilot figure to fill the seat.

I apologize for the poor quality photo
0003~7.jpg

0004~6.jpg

I added a small piece of styrene to improve the fit of the wing...

0005~6.jpg

0006~5.jpg

Now I have to start with the sanding...

0007~5.jpg

All the best!
Dusan.

Back