• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hasagawa Ju-87G-2 Can Opener....

Jeeves

Getting a bit of a late start but still have plenty of time...hope I don't get too bogged down masking off the canopy sections ;)

007~40.jpg

008~34.jpg

Think about the stripped decal option on the canopy Mike, instead of masking and painting.

:popcorn

Mike, on your decal sheet, you'll find a bunch of 'lines' these are for the interior framing. Check the instruction sheet closely. I built the same boxing as you have and I used them.

Ian

Saul showed us a while back, or told us.

Take some clear decal paper. Paint internal cockpit color on it first, then exterior. Cut it in stripes and then decal the frames.

I know I did it on the Thunderjet.

Thunder22~0.jpg

Even if you don't get the intial cut of the strips right you can come back with a sharp exacto and clean up when they settle in. Once done, Future to seal. (y)

Ah...gotcha Ian!

Thanks guys...when I get there I'll definitely consider all these options!

Finally have something to share...I've been hooked on tabletop games with my family as of late and have been away from the bench-- but it has been some quality time nonetheless....

I've since fixed the fuselage seam seen in this shot:
006~45.jpg

And here is a closeup of the pit-- a little dark in there, but you get the gist. Just waiting on some Vallejo Model Air paint to start that process....
007~42.jpg

Nope...they're a bit of a loose fit. I'll have to get some Tenax and get everything shored up...

Got some primer on to see where things are at...got some tweaking to do and then onto the blue underneath...
005~49.jpg

Her underside is all blue too...as opposed to black and blue :kiss: :blush:

Just waiting for things to cure and then I'll work topside....

Back