• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:48 Falco

ij001

Could have been a shoe-in for the Desert comp/GB over on Kiwi Modeller, but I've set-my-heart on finishing it in the (very) colourful Hungarian AF scheme:

Falco1a.jpg

Falco1b.jpg

Falco1c.jpg

That's an Eduard Zoom set stuffed into that tiny little cockpit, but it really does make a difference, even in something so small. When it's all brought together it loses some impact, but to me (and my declining eyesight) these sets really are worthwhile.

Falco2a.jpg

Falco2b.jpg

Falco2c.jpg

More soon.

Ian

Not much to add this evening:

Falco3a.jpg

Falco3b.jpg

As you can see it's wearing an overall grey undercoat - like the Hurri earlier this week, I sprayed an undercoat, this time Humbrol #167 'Barley Grey'. Because I want the finished thing to look relatively 'clean' alongside the Hurricane I've kept the pre-shading to a minimum on this one; just some lightly sprayed Tamiya 'Panzer Grey'.

Thanks for taking the time to look all comments, criticism, suggestions and questions are welcome.

Ian

Paint going on !!

Falco4a.jpg

Falco4b.jpg

Falco4c.jpg

The sun was particularly strong this evening when I took these, makes the thing look a lot more 'orangey' than it really is !!

More soon. :pilot

Ian

Not immediately apparent, but there's been quite a lot of progress on the little Falco. All of the empenage has been primed and sprayed with the post 1941 tricolour marking, the yellow theatre bands have been primed and sprayed (underside of lower wingtips, cowl, fuselage), and the light blue undersides have been sprayed aswell. Here you see it with the 'Grey' just masked:

Falco5a.jpg

Falco5b.jpg

As ever happy to answer all questions, comments and criticism. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Ian

Again two thin coats. This time the lighter of the two 'Vietnam Greens':

Falco6a.jpg

Falco6b.jpg

Can't wait to unwrap this one. There's so many colours under all that masking..... :pilot

AFN

Ian

Hey Ian, is this one of the CA kits?

That camo job should look great! I've been thinking about doing a hungarian scheme myself!

Sharkman - It's the Italeri kit, and very nice it is too, think it's about half the price of the CA kit !!

Tankbuilder - Yep, one of the last frontline biplane fighters, big engine, highly manoevrable and light armament !!

Ian

Back