• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Classic Airframes Avro Anson

Another great finish Gary!

makes me want to dig out mine!

I had meant to ask, obviously you didn't have any issues separating the engine cowls from the resin pour blocks. I was wondering if they were going to be difficult...

Thanks Warren, I was concerned about that myself but they came off OK. Mine had some spots on them so thin that there were holes that needed filled. You can't leave much filler on the inside because the engines basically press fit into the cowling. This requires deforming them a bit but the resin has some flex to it. If you trim material off the tops of the cylinders to make the fit better going in then they will just flop around once in place as the tight fit is the only thing that holds them in place. On my kit the instructions allude to using supplied resin engines but mine only had plastic ones which were probably better as I'm not sure the resin ones would have survived the insertion into the cowlings.

Back