• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/350 USS West Virginia

denstore

I will not start until I get my workplace ready, but at least here is a couple of pitures of the unstarted kit.
Not the best lighting in the closet, but I hope you will see what it is.

westvirginiastart11.jpg

Large chunk of resin. A bit intimidating, since I've never done anything like this before.

Thanks!

Probably it will start as most of my projects. I sit down, decide on what that needs to be replaced, make a list, and then buy every possible thing that could have any use on the kit anyway.
Online shopping has its pros and cons.... ;)

I hear you. I havent built a ship in forever and got the Z-39 as a starter. Then just ordered all the AM I could find. Ebay makes me happy/sad.
James

:popcorn :drinks A Great looking ship in her day, After the rebuild with her topsides modernized she still look great. I'm looking forward to seeing how she turns out!

I agree. But I do prefere the pre/early war look with the cage masts and no extra AA.
And in my opinion, they need to be shown as experienced, waterline. Most battleships like fat and clumsy as full hull models.

I agree. But I do prefere the pre/early war look with the cage masts and no extra AA.
And in my opinion, they need to be shown as experienced, waterline. Most battleships like fat and clumsy as full hull models.

Me too!! (y) They have more character.

B)

I hope to get on with this soon. Must decide on how to do the water, though.
Will probably do her in quite calm water, as she looks in a couple of the pre-war pictures. Will probably paint her as in a sunny day as well. Straight grey has a tendency to be a bit boring.:)

Back