• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/350 US Coast Guard HH-65C Dolphin Helicopter

Thank you, esteemed Pup!
The HH-3F with p/e main rotor is still in the works but the goal was finishing the Big Cutter kit helicopters and fine tuning the decals I made for them. I got derailed by the HO rail coaches and an effort to finish the 1/350 "3 Mile Limit" project in time for our show.

This kid, Deston, (SmarterEveryDay) has been making a YouTube series about the US Coast Guard. His enthusiasm is contagious, and I like his style.

Just saw this Chris, those are looking great!
Thanks Warren! It took me 2 tries to fine tune the dinky decal sheets, but I'm certain the 2.0 version will compliment these little beauties in a very satisfying way in the Big Cutter kit.

This you might be interested in as well. I bought one of these1/350 Caravan amphibians for running errands, medical emergencies and light Caribbean charter flights.
20240328_202615.jpg
Picking it up to seal her with Future clear, it began to just break up. I contacted him to express my displeasure. The designer says the tan fine detail plastic is brittle and the attachment points for the floats and ladder might need reinforcing. WOW! This guy is a fargin' GENUIS!
In this scenario, I would have sent a replacement immediately with apologies. These 3D print guys may be skilled, but they know squat about customer service.
As always, you can make up your own mind, but I advise against buying one of these brittle pieces of sheyit.
The 208a was headed to the burn trash when I remembered something.............
20240330_143457.jpg20240330_150857.jpg
I don't like to lose.
Painstaking drilling of fuselage and floats ensued. .015 copper phos. rod struts, turbine exhaust and chin scoop added.
TACAN/LORAN blade antenna and other bitty busted-off bits replaced. Ridiculous over-scale propeller blades GONE! I drilled for a UHF whip so I can talk to boats and ground stations as I go about my chores.
20240331_093318.jpg20240331_093337.jpg
The new struts look chunky, but she has study sea-legs now. The usual TFS paint job will ensue shortly.
Our Grandson, Russell named this airplane "Hummazoo" for the pleasing sound she makes cruising steady above the Big Blue.
She fairly begs for a scale sharkmouth, don't you agree?

It occurred to me that few people buy aircraft this size and fewer still gripe, um Give Feedback.
He knows the fix to make. If he makes it, I assured him I wasn't interested in buying a second Caravan amphibian model.
A smart guy that was interested in keeping up good customer relations might just send the improved model to the model maker and ask his opinion on the upgrade. This guy is a stone. It's $13.00 retail plus shipping. Cost is probably $3.50 or less.
20240331_143740 (2).jpg
Mine is fixed well enough to paint and play with. I even printed tiny shark mouths for it.

Back