• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Tiger I Early Production Battle of Kharkov

If the sharp shooter is creeping around the front of the tank wouldn't that mean there's some protentional danger in that direction? Would the TC have his attention focused to the rear?
Indeed he would, just playing around here, I love the fig, just not the way he fits. He is actually. Panther TC.

I kind of like the first one but wonder it that doesn't upset the balance as the viewer's eye is drawn off center to the figures.
:bm:

I am leaning towards using the Alpine head on a plain figure and have him low in the cupola like the last photo and saving the body and second head for another project.

After some soul searching I have decided to do a figure change, a major one. The "mood" was to be action-ready, but as I am in no mood to try to sculpt figs and most are in passive poses, I am going to change the mood to passive. I have found the following figures that I think will work well with this theme. I will be keeping the TC and the MG team, but the Miniart and DML fig will be saved for another project.

1609961083354.png

1609961097683.png

1609961118338.png

1609961237471.png

I really hate changing the plan, but I think in this case it is necessary. I like to have one focus in my projects - why I could never do what Bob Letterman does, I just cannot keep all that straight in my mind over such a long time period!

I really hate changing the plan, but I think in this case it is necessary. I like to have one focus in my projects - why I could never do what Bob Letterman does, I just cannot keep all that straight in my mind over such a long time period!
1610115463091.png

Great figures John, I think they will suit much better. The base surround is beautifully done, but whats with the nail 'minefield'? Is that what you have to walk over to 'earn' the base? o_O

Great figures John, I think they will suit much better. The base surround is beautifully done, but whats with the nail 'minefield'? Is that what you have to walk over to 'earn' the base? o_O
I believe they are point supports for applying the final finish.

These guys arrived last night. I will use the LR two guys for sure, maybe the guy with the scissor scope, and if I can convert the walking guy top right to standing maybe him as well.
newfigs.jpg

The foam inserted in the base.
base.jpg

Back