• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 German Atlantikwall stuff

Bunker type 667 for a 50mm KWK L/42 gun
5cmkwk-cours1.jpg

images.jpg

This i my first ever attempt making a bunker made out of Formstein,
It is alot more work than making a formwork bunker ( my other bunkers)
There is still room for improvement.

Formstein,
Hollow concrete block, in which concrete and rebar was poured /placed...so no need to make a formwork out of wood .
1.jpg
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
e.jpg
f.jpg
g.jpg
th 003.jpg
th 001.jpg

I am scratch building a German flak sled which is nothing compared to what you have done. I now know how difficult scratch building can be ( I am on my third attempt) and you have done a superb job. It is a shame you lost the progress pictures. Did you put the base coat on the range finder for variation on the top coat?

No. The ones that were placed in the bed of trucks. I couldn't find anybody that made one. I read the review of
Masterpiece Models' Tape. It sounded interesting so I went to their web site. Guess who makes a flak sled? Masterpiece models. The wonderful world of modelling.

Last edited:
No. The ones that were placed in the bed of trucks. I couldn't find anybody that made one. I read the review of
Masterpiece Models' Tape. It sounded interesting so I went to their web site. Guess who makes a flak sled? Masterpiece models. The wonderful world of modelling.
We have one modeler I havent seen in a while who scratch built one on an Opel Blitz. His thread is somewhere in here. Will try and find it.
James

Wow. That is exactly what I am doing. Thank you. Those two curves in the sled are what is giving me problems. I will finish it. I bought plastic, rivets everything to do it (can't buy skill). There is one difference with my Opel Blitz. The cab was sometimes cut off which is what I am going to do. This was only done in Africa. I have no idea why the Germans did that.

Back